Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I pack a bento box for lunch everyday. I often try out ways to make food "mini" to fit into the box. I made these mini burgers using garlic and pine-nuts. The inspiration was taken from a pork-based Italian sausage I sometimes purchase at Whole Foods I really like. The recipe may need a bit more tweaking, but all in all, I liked how they turned out. The first time I made these I included 2 tablespoons of Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette Salad Dressing for a little kick. This is not necessary though.
- 1 lb ground chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced (your preference)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs (if you choose to use seasoned, omit the Italian seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for cooking patties)
- Place all of the above ingredients in a bowl and mix together very well. When I make these, I add 1-2 tablespoons of a vinaigrette style salad dressing to give it a little extra flavor. This is completely optional.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Once the olive oil begins to shimmer, it is time to cook the chicken patties.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop (approx. 1 tbl in size), scoop rounds of the meat mixture into the skillet. Use a fork to slightly press them flat.
- Cook the patties until well browned on one side and cooked about half way through.
- Flip to the other side and repeat the previous step. Once the second side is browned and the patties are cooked completely through, patties are done.
- Remove the patties to a paper-towel lined plate to drain, if necessary.
- Eat and enjoy!