Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great dinner that families will love.
- 2⁄3 cup crushed seasoned prepared stuffing
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken pieces
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (to taste)
- Combine cream cheese, softened butter, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces.
- In a separate bowl, put crushed stuffing.
- Roll out each crescent roll and put 2 heaping tbsp. of chicken mixtures in center.
- Fold over crescent roll and pinch edges.
- Dip each one in melted butter and then roll in crushed stuffing.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Make sauce by heating them in pan on the stove.
- Pour a little over each chicken pillow when serving.
These were pretty tasty, but I had a little trouble keeping the stuffing inside the pillow. I'm definitely having these again as the taste was creamy and tangy and delicious! I'll just have to work on the execution of the pillow!
I'm about to make these again, so I came back to refresh my memory and write a review! These are delicious and I always have these ingredients on hand, so that's helpful. But, I did change one of the ingredients last time I made them: Instead of stuffing, I crushed up some pretzels, and they were delicious! My boyfriend heats leftovers up at work, and people always want to know what smells so good! :)
I made this with a few modifications: Store bought Croissants, Club Crackers instead of stuffing, added onions and celery to the chicken mixture, and prepared a chicken gravy to pour over finished product. DELICIOUS!!