Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful lady in our church gave this to me. In October when I broke my arm, she made this dish and brought it over to us. It was so good that I asked her for the recipe, and last night, Dec. 19th, 2006, she brought the recipe and all the ingredients over to us. Thank you Debbie Lusty!
- 1 (13 ounce) can white meat chicken, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed breadcrumbs
- Mix chicken, softened butter and cream cheese together.
- Place by heaping spoons full in the middle of the crescent roll and roll up.
- Roll crescent roll in melted butter and then in bread crumbs.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and chicken gravy.
These Chicken Pillows were so nice and tasty. Loved the chicken, butter and cream cheese center. My DH said make these some more. Thanks for posting a quick and easy recipe.
very good and easy. I was worried that they might be too rich with the butter and cc, but I used lite butter and low fat cream cheese, I broiled chicken with some garlic and chopped it really well before mixing with the butter/cream cheese. I also only had one tube of crescent rolls, so I used a tube of pizza crust, both turned out really well...hubby liked the pizza crust version better, I think I will make these for a pot luck I am attending for the holidays. Very good!! thanks for posting.
So I have been making a different variation of these for years... but the extra butter and breadcrumbs turn this from a 4 star to a 5 star recipe! The old recipe had neither of these ingredients and twice as much cream cheese... this combination is perfect. Thanks!!