Recipe by Megohm
I just threw this together last week with what I had on hand, and was pretty pleased with the results. You could definitely adjust the ingredients to your preference(more or less bacon, garlic or celery, etc)Hope you like it too!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 -2 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups converted rice
- 5 cups water or 5 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry up bacon in large skillet til crisp, drain off most of fat(leave enough to lightly coat the bottom of skillet), then add celery.
- Let cook for 2 or 3 minutes, add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add chicken, rice and broth.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, then cover and simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes, or til rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and serve.