Recipe by Terri R
Got this from a co-worker. Her daughters loved this recipe. I decided to try it on my DS as he was(is) a picky eater. Even he had seconds. Spices can be adjusted to taste. I often leave out the salt.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfrozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- 1 refrigerated buttermilk biscuit
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in the butter until softened.
- Add flour, salt, rosemary and pepper. Cook, stirring continously for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the broth. Continue to cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the chicken and vegetables.
- Place in casserole dish and top with the biscuits.
- Bake at 450 for 8 to 10 minutes until the biscuits are browned.