Recipe by mums the word
I found this in a low carb cookbook from Prevention Magazine and we really liked it. I prepared breasts and legs with skin on for the kids, and took the skin off for my husband and I.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Amazing chicken!! I usually only cook b/s chicken breasts but DH and I love chicken legs and thighs so this was a change. I made it with skin-on chicken thighs and drumsticks. These came out crispy and juicy and so good! Will make these again. Going into my best of cookbook! Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F, generously coat baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and all spices.
- Using a basting brush, coat chicken pieces with olive oil and sprinkle both sides of meat with flour/spice mixture.
- Press flour mixture onto the chicken pieces with your fingertips.
- Roast 30-35 minutes turning the meat at least once part way through the cooking time.
- Meat thermometer should read 180°F.