Recipe by bud's mom
Adapted from the Starvin' Guy Chicken Pie recipe in the Looneyspoons Cookbook. This is great for left over chicken or turkey, is low in fat and super tasty.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray.
- Add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots & broccoli.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to med-low.
- Partially cover and simmer for approx 12 minutes. The potatoes should be slightly undercooked. Remove pot from heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together soup and flour. Add mixture to vegetables, along with chicken and remaining ingredients. Stir well and pour into a medium casserole dish.
- Biscuit Crust.
- Combine flour, baking powder, herbs and salt in mixing bowl.
- Using 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk and form a ball with the dough. Add a bit more flour if dough is too sticky.
- Roll dough out on floured surface to fit on top of casserole.
- Place dough on top of chicken mixture and prick several times with fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until crust is golden brown.