Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe can be used as a main meal for many Amish familys at Holiday times.
Make and share this Chicken Pie from Amish Cookbook recipe from Food.com.
- Filling: Remove chicken from bones.
- Cut meat into bite sized pieces.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter; stir in flour.
- Blend in chicken broth and milk, and cook until smooth and sllightly thickened.
- Add chicken to gravy.
- Spread vegetables on bottom of greased baking pan.
- Pour chicken gravy over top.
- Crust: Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles peas.
- Stir in milk and mix well.
- Add egg and blend.
- Roll out dough, then spread over chicken.
- Cut slits in dough to permit steam to escape.
- Bake at 425F for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is brown.