Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favorite dishes. It is so easy to make and so good. I made this up one day when I was being lazy, but still wanted to serve a good meal. I love a good chicken pot pie and this fills the bill without all the bother.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup oleo, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled & diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can peas and carrots (drained)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup (no liquid added)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (no liquid added)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) canready made croissant dough
- Cut up chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces.
- Cook with celery and potatoes in cup of water and cup of broth till tender (liquid should be boiled down to very little. If not, pour off all but half a cup).
- Add drained peas & carrots, melted oleo (stir in with soups), potato soup, cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Bring to simmering and then pour into casserole dish (9x9-inch); lay unrolled croissants on top (LAY FLAT NOT ROLLED UP).
- Bake at 375° for about 13 minutes or till golden brown.
- I hope this makes it a little clearer.
Served this for lunch at the office. Everyone loved it. The receptionist even mopped up the last smidgen of gravy with bread, lol. Very easy to make and very good. I used the low sodium/low fat soups.
Darlene, let me first say that this was so very, very good! My family LOVED it! And so did I! Love a good pot pie! But your recipe was incomplete. You didn't say what to do with 1/4 c. of oleo, so I sauted in some olive oil. In step #2, I assume we are supposed to add the onions? In step #3, you say to add butter, but it's not listed in the ingredients. I added a couple of TBSP at this point, and also, you don't say where to add the milk, but it must be with the soups, right? Well, that's the way I did it, anyway, and it was sooooo delicious! (BTW, I used canned potatoes with great results, as I had everything on hand, but no fresh potatoes.) Great pie!!!
Mmmmmmm.....I made this tonight and it was fantastic! Can't wait to try it on my family.