Recipe by Denise!
Another family favorite that is spicy and out of this world! Jalapenos really heat up this wonderful dish. Serve with yellow rice and Tabasco on the side!
Top Review by Terri F.
Wow, what a great way to fix chicken! Lots of spicy flavor, and really great over the rice! The chicken was very moist. I used just 2 chicken breasts, but kept the piquant sauce the same, so there was lots of sauce for spooning over the rice. Thanks for this recipe, Denise, this will be served often at our house! :o)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour and saute for 3-4 minutes on each side in oil until lightly browned.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic, jalapeno and celery.
- Saute until softened.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and all of the spices.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- When chicken has baked for 20 minutes, pull from the oven and cover with the picquant sauce.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with yellow rice.