Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
posted for Green, Eggs & ham beverage tag.
- 300 g flat mild pancetta or 300 g streaky bacon, rind removed
- 4 (180 g) corn-fed chicken breast fillets
- 500 g chicken sausage
- 1 cup large basil leaves
- 300 g sliced ham
- 5 (60 g) eggs, hardboiled, shelled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Lay a large sheet of lightly greased foil on the workbench. Lay pancetta, slightly overlapping, to completely cover foil.
- Place the chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, then use a rolling pin or meat mallet to flatten. Lay the chicken over the pancetta. Remove the meat from the sausage casing and spread over the chicken breasts to completely cover. Place basil leaves over the sausage filling, then cover with slices of ham. Lay the hardboiled eggs just off-centre in a long line on top of the ham.
- Fold in the long edge of the roll that's closest to the eggs, then, using the foil, roll up to enclose eggs. Make sure roll is covered tightly (if necessary, use another sheet of foil to cover), then twist ends to seal. Place in a baking tray and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap the top of the foil, drizzle with honey and return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until pancetta is golden. Cool, then rewrap and refrigerate overnight. To serve, bring to room temperature, then cut into thick slices.