1/1 Photo of Chicken Piccata With Summer Vegetable Pasta
Chris Reynolds's Note:
I found this recipe in Cook's Country. It sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion (about 1/2 large onion)
- 1 1/2 zucchini (about 1 medium, cut matchstick style)
- 1 1/4 cups yellow squash (about 1 medium, cut matchstick style)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion; saute 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 2Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add zucchini and yellow squash, saute 4 minutes or until crisp tender. Add tomatoes and garlic, saute 2 minutes more. Add squash mixture to onion mixture; keep warm.
- 3Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain over a bowl, reserving 1/2 C cooking liquid. Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to vegetable mixture; toss to combine. Add 1/2 C Parmesan cheese and basil; toss to combine. Keep warm.
- 4Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, turning to coat. Shake off excess flour.
- 5Recoat the pan with cooking spray. Add olive oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 6Add broth, juice, and capers to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add green onions, butter, and remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper; stir until butter melts.
- 7Arrange 1 C pasta mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 chicken breast half, 1/4 C sauce, and 1 tbsp remaining Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata With Summer Vegetable Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.7 mg
- Sodium 997.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 60.3 g