This recipe is from Eating Well. We LOVED it! I added my chicken breasts back to this dish while it was simmering. I increased the garlic and added crushed red pepper to the flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb chicken cutlet, trimmed
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk 5 teaspoons flour and broth in a small bowl until smooth. Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and dredge both sides in the flour.
- 3Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- 4Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices and begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add garlic and wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved broth-flour mixture, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in parsley, capers, and the reserved mushrooms. Measure out 1/2 cup of the mushroom sauce. Toss the pasta in the pan with the remaining sauce. Serve the pasta topped with the chicken and the reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Toddler-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Toddler-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata With Pasta and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 545.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 49.0 g