Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe at our Italian Bakery.It is Fantastic! After reading the reviews I added more chicken broth and it is even better.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 8 ounces linguine
- Between 2 pieces of plastic wrap flatten chicken breasts to 1/4" thickness.
- Mix together salt,pepper and flour.
- Dredge in mixture; shake off excess flour and set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet until sizzling.
- Saute breasts app 15 minutes being careful not to overcook.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm in Low oven.
- Add mushroom and sauté a few minutes scraping the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on Med High heat for 5 minutes.
- Return the breasts to the pan and reduce sauce until thickened.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente; drain.
- Place pasta and chicken on serving dish.
- Pour mushroom sauce over both.
- Add more Parmesan cheese and Enjoy!
Made this last night for dinner and it was a huge hit with everyone! Will definitely make it again soon! Delicious! I added a couple of tablespoons of fresh cream to the sauce and it gave it a lovely creamy texture.
An "experiment" recipe that was a hit! I used Lawrey's seasoned salt in the flour. Did not add capers (cause no one in my family but me will eat them) and did not put in parmesan. Reduced lemon juice to 2 TSP. Service with rice and it was great. Will keep this one for sure. Added a little corn starch to the sauce to thicken.
I made half a recipe and turned out very good. Served with thin spaghetti and zucchini fritters.