Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe at our Italian Bakery.It is Fantastic! After reading the reviews I added more chicken broth and it is even better.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 8 ounces linguine
- Between 2 pieces of plastic wrap flatten chicken breasts to 1/4" thickness.
- Mix together salt,pepper and flour.
- Dredge in mixture; shake off excess flour and set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet until sizzling.
- Saute breasts app 15 minutes being careful not to overcook.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm in Low oven.
- Add mushroom and sauté a few minutes scraping the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on Med High heat for 5 minutes.
- Return the breasts to the pan and reduce sauce until thickened.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente; drain.
- Place pasta and chicken on serving dish.
- Pour mushroom sauce over both.
- Add more Parmesan cheese and Enjoy!
Made this last night for dinner and it was a huge hit with everyone! Will definitely make it again soon! Delicious! I added a couple of tablespoons of fresh cream to the sauce and it gave it a lovely creamy texture.
I made half a recipe and turned out very good. Served with thin spaghetti and zucchini fritters.
The chicken came out nice and juicy. It was a quick and tasty way to use up some boneless breasts. (10)