This is a different take on the traditional Chicken Piccata with the delightful addition of green onions and mushrooms.
- Mix milk and egg in small bowl.
- Combine flour, cornflakes, salt and pepper in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken breast in egg mixture and dredge in cornflakes mix.
- Sautee chicken in ¼ cup of butter until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Take chicken out of pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- Slice green onions in 1 inch lengths.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Melt remainder of butter (2 tbsp.).
- Add garlic, green onions, lemon juice and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and spoon sauce over warmed chicken.
This was amazing. The breading was perfect.
have to have Capers thats what makes it
Thanks for the yummy dinner! I made this as listed except I had canned mushrooms (I could have sworn I bought fresh!). Actually I also replaced half of the butter with olive oil. We had this with pasta and broccoli and my DS told me that it's the best chicken he's had in ages! You could skip the sauce if you don't have the ingredients because the chicken is soooo good. Made for Went to the Market. :)