This is a different take on the traditional Chicken Piccata with the delightful addition of green onions and mushrooms.
- Mix milk and egg in small bowl.
- Combine flour, cornflakes, salt and pepper in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken breast in egg mixture and dredge in cornflakes mix.
- Sautee chicken in ¼ cup of butter until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Take chicken out of pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- Slice green onions in 1 inch lengths.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Melt remainder of butter (2 tbsp.).
- Add garlic, green onions, lemon juice and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and spoon sauce over warmed chicken.