Recipe by BakinBaby
Chicken breast cooked in white wine,mushrooms,lemon, artichokes and herbs served on top of angel hair pasta. This recipe comes from my Luby's Cookbook. Prep time does not include 1 hour marinade time for chicken.
Top Review by The Normans
Hey BakinBaby - thanks for some Sunday night dinner inspiration. We gave it three stars as the flavour was okay, but we made so many changes that it couldn't have been the same as yours. We always get frustrated when people review things but say they changed just about everything about the recipe. 3 for us means we would eat it again, but it doesn't blow our socks off. Healthy too which we liked. Thanks again :)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 6 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups artichoke hearts (canned-drained-cut in half)
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil leaves (dried)
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a gallon size plastic bag, combine water,lemon juice & chicken,refrigerate 1 hour.
- Put beaten eggs in a small bowl and in another bowl,mix flour and salt/pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade, dip into egg mixture, then into flour mixture, coating evenly.
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, melt butter; add chicken pieces cooking about 5 minute on each side and cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding 1 tablespoon oil to cooking water, drain, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook wine over medium heat until about 1/3 has evaporated, add brtoh,mushrooms,salt & garlic powder, simmer 4-5 min, add artichoked & lemon juice, continue simmering 2 minute.
- Mix cornstqrch and water until cornstarch is completely dissolved, add to sauce mixture, stirring constantly, continue cooking 1 min or until thickned.
- Remove from heat, add butter, parsley and basil.
- Arrange cooked pasta on a serving platter and top with chicken and sauce or make individual plates with pasta,chicken & sauce.