This recipe was taken exactly from Rachael Ray 30 minute meals. Its easy, simple, healthy and fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, cutlets 6 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 lbs triple washed spinach, stems discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet with 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. When oil ripples, add chicken and cook 3 minutes on each side then remove and let meat rest and cool.
- 3To the same skillet, add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan, and the butter. Melt butter into extra-virgin olive oil and add the shallots, garlic and capers. Sauté 5 minutes then add white wine and reduce 30 seconds.
- 4Next, add the juice of 1 lemon and immediately add the spinach - mound up the pan. You will not be able to fit it all in there. Keep turning the spinach and wilting it down until you get it all in there then turn the heat off. Keep some leaves still a bit crisp to vary textures in your salad.
- 5Season the spinach with salt and pepper. Chop chicken into little bits and add to the warm salad. Toss to distribute and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 470.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g