Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
(Rachel Ray recipe with changes)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 603.27 g chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 22.18 ml butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 236.59 ml chicken broth or 236.59 ml stock
- 44.37 ml capers, drained
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 453.59 g penne rigate, cooked to al dente
- chopped chives (for garnish)
- Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the chicken to the pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the garlic and shallots to the skillet. Saute garlic and shallots 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute. Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce. Stir in capers and parsley. When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the sauce to give it a little shine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce and serve.
- Adjust salt and pepper, to your taste. Top with fresh snipped chives.