Make and share this Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked al dente
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- chopped chives
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breast tenders (1-inch pieces)
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the chicken to the pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the garlic and shallots to the skillet. Saute garlic and shallots 3 minutes. Add flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute. Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce. Stir in capers and parsley. When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the sauce to give it a little shine. Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce and serve. Adjust salt and pepper, to your taste. Top with fresh snipped chives.