Make and share this Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked al dente
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- chopped chives
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breast tenders (1-inch pieces)
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the chicken to the pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the garlic and shallots to the skillet. Saute garlic and shallots 3 minutes. Add flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute. Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce. Stir in capers and parsley. When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the sauce to give it a little shine. Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce and serve. Adjust salt and pepper, to your taste. Top with fresh snipped chives.
Very quick to whip up and this has tons of flavor!! Made as written with 1 1/2 large chicken breasts that I diced up. The addition of the lemon and all the herbs made this very light and fresh tasting. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.