Recipe by Dine & Dish
My friend Amy made this the other day and it is so delicious! I asked for the recipe and can't wait to make it myself. I hope you enjoy this impressive dish as much as I did!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a great Rachael Ray recipe. All in my family thought it was delicious. I only used 1/2 lb. penne because I wanted more sauce than pasta. The flavors are well balanced with a lovely lemony note. Very doable for a busy weeknight dinner. Thanks, KC Cooker.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked to al dente
- chopped or snipped chives, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the chicken to the pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the garlic and shallots to the skillet.
- Saute garlic and shallots 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute.
- Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce.
- Stir in capers and parsley.
- When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the sauce to give it a little shine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce and serve.
- Adjust salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Top with fresh snipped chives.