Recipe by Cook4_6
I came up with this recipe while contemplating what to do with leftover chicken. It turned out so good, I had to post it to preserve it. I didn't add all of the cooked pasta to the pan so I could preserve some for kids, and because I like a lot of sauce to cover my noodles.
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 -3 cups chicken, cooked and sliced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup capers, drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces artichoke quarters in water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half, fat free
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces spinach, fresh baby
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on the package, set aside.
- While cooking, heat the chicken stock in the microwave to warm, add the chicken and set aside.
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet/sauce pan.
- Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil, reduce heat and return to simmer.
- Add artichoke quarters, capers, broth and chicken.
- Slowly bring back to boil.
- Mix half and half and flour until smooth, add to boiling sauce to thicken.
- Remove from heat, then add spinach and noodles, toss.
- Top with parsley and parmesan.
- Serve immediately.