1/1 Photo of Chicken Piccata Pasta
Sherri at the Beach's Note:
Usually I make Chicken Piccata as whole chicken breast filets as a main dish and serve with sides and salad for a full meal. For this dish, I was looking for a single plate meal that was delicious and flavorful. So I mixed it up a little bit to create this dish. Use one pot to cook the pasta and a large sauté pan to cook the rest. Time is in the prep but I do it as I am cooking so start to finish is less than 30 minutes. Take the three minutes to gather ingredients before you start. I list the items below in their desired prep but I actually do the prep while cooking. Have a medium bowl sitting nearby to hold cooked food while working on others.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Fill a pasta pot with water and set on burner (don’t need to turn on yet).
- 2Turn a burner on medium high and place a large, non-stick sauté or skillet on to heat.
- 3Add olive oil and sauté onions until just tender, 3-5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile slice the red pepper and mince the garlic.
- 5Pour onions into large bowl and now sauté pepper and garlic, 3 minutes.
- 6Slice mushrooms while this is going on.
- 7Pour pepper and garlic into bowl and sauté mushrooms. Note here: I do not add additional oil to sauté the mushrooms. I want them to render some of their liquid. Stir occasionally and cook until rendered and lightly browned.
- 8While they are cooking, remove skin and bones from the chicken and cut into small bite size pieces. Season with a little salt –half teaspoon and set aside.
- 9Pour mushrooms into the bowl. Now add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pan and add chicken. Sauté until white and cooked through.
- 10Turn water on to boil for the pasta. Add pasta and cook per box instructions.
- 11Add capers, broth, salt, pepper and parsley to chicken pan.
- 12Zest both lemons and add to pan. Then slice one lemon and add slices to pan and juice the second one and add juice to pan.
- 13Cook over medium heat to reduce liquid to half. Then add all ingredients in the bowl to warm back up. Add one cup pasta water to the chicken mixture.
- 14Drain the pasta and put back into the pot. Pour chicken mixture over top and stir and serve. Sprinkle as desired with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 852.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g