Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes a light version of Chicken Piccata.
- 1 lb chicken breasts or 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 lemons, juice of or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally. Wrap chicken breasts in in plastic wrap, and use a meat pounder to pound out until about 1/4 inch thin. Salt and pepper chicken breasts lightly. Over medium high heat add two tablespoons of butter, and heat until the butter is bubbly. Cook chicken breasts in butter until each side is light brown. This will take about 3 or 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken breasts when browned and set on a plate.
- Add chicken broth to pan, scrapping the browned bits off the pan, add the remaining butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and capers. When sauce has reduced by 25% add chicken breasts to pan.
Excellent and I didn't miss the light breading at all. It had the perfect a amount of lemon flavor for us. I would not change a thing about this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2014