1/1 Photo of Chicken Piccata (Ina Garten)
Source: Barefoot Contessa at Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, lemon halves reserved (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- sliced lemon, for serving
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- 2Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- 3Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and bread crumb mixtures.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- 5For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata (Ina Garten)
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 214.4 mg
- Sodium 912.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 40.6 g