Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe from her weeknight dinner show. I love piccata and this is wonderful served over pasta and I served with salad and garlic bread. NOTE: Her recipe states to add 1/3 cup lemon juice, but alot of people that reviewed her recipe said it was too tart and would add less, so I suggest starting with 1/4 cup lemon juice.
Top Review by Ericschef
Perfect! I made as directed and didn't change the lemon amount, which lead to my adding more chicken broth later in the cooking process. I added a tsp of poultry seasoning to try to counter the tartness of the lemon as well. Those neutralized it and it was wonderful. I served it with orzo plain (no butter or extra sauces on the pasta), which was excellent because it absorbed the sauce so well.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (See note above in description)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed (brined)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.