Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the SLIMLINES column by Alva Carpenter of the Thursday magazine. It is mainly for those who want to lose weight, knock off excess pounds and look shapely plus feel good! Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cleaned and washed (about 170gms)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon, rind of, grated
- fresh lemon slice
- Place the chicken breast halves between two sheets of wax paper and pound lightly with a mallet or any flat and heavy object to 1.
- Melt half the butter in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken for about 4 minutes per side until it is just cooked throughout.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Stir in wine with a wooden spoon to de-glaze the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and the remaining butter until the butter is melted.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve hot.