1/2 Photos of Chicken Piccata for Pressure Cooker
Italian chicken with full lemon flavor. It is important to use fresh lemons. When I follow Toula Patsalis in "The Pressure Cooker Cookbook", I never go wrong! Serve with sauteed green beans topped with toasted slivered almonds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive, minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese (1 ounce) or 1/4 cup fontinella cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, to garnish
- 1Lightly dust chicken pieces with flour (easily done by putting flour in bag, then chicken and shaking; excess flour can be shaken off).
- 2In pressure cooker, heat oil. Add chicken breasts, two at a time, and saute in hot oil until brown on all sides, using long-handled tongs to turn. Set aside.
- 3Add shallots and garlic and saute in oil, scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned particles remaining from chicken. Stir in broth, lemon juice, sherry, salt, pepper, basil, and olives. Mix well.
- 4Add chicken pieces skin side down. Secure lid. Over medium-high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 10 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- 5Stir chicken mixture, then transfer chicken to serving platter, and cover to retain heat.
- 6Whisk sour cream and starch together. Stir into cooking liquid and cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with lemon slices.
- 8Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata for Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 989.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives