Recipe by KateL
Italian chicken with full lemon flavor. It is important to use fresh lemons. When I follow Toula Patsalis in "The Pressure Cooker Cookbook", I never go wrong! Serve with sauteed green beans topped with toasted slivered almonds.
Top Review by Jewel0401
I made this for dinner tonight using my electric pressure cooker. It turned out great! I made a few changes though. We don't like olives so I used artichokes. I didn't have any sherry so I used (white) pinot gris. Also, I cut the chicken up a little before browning it because it is easier to eat that way. My husband and I both liked it. I think it tastes just like Macaroni Grill's chicken piccata since I used the artichokes....just needed a side of rosemary bread. :o)
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese (1 ounce) or 1⁄4 cup fontinella cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly dust chicken pieces with flour (easily done by putting flour in bag, then chicken and shaking; excess flour can be shaken off).
- In pressure cooker, heat oil. Add chicken breasts, two at a time, and saute in hot oil until brown on all sides, using long-handled tongs to turn. Set aside.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute in oil, scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned particles remaining from chicken. Stir in broth, lemon juice, sherry, salt, pepper, basil, and olives. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces skin side down. Secure lid. Over medium-high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 10 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- Stir chicken mixture, then transfer chicken to serving platter, and cover to retain heat.
- Whisk sour cream and starch together. Stir into cooking liquid and cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with lemon slices.
- Makes 6 servings.