1/2 Photos of Chicken Piccata Fettuccine
This recipe is a WINNER in my family! The sauce, light and tasty served over warm fettuccine will please everyone's palette. If you brine your chicken breast before, the meat will be even better and very very moist (BRINE: 8 cups water + 1/4 cup salt + chicken breasts. Let chicken marinate in water and salt for 4 hours or over night if you have the time, but 4 hours is fine for me)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to brown chicken)
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to saute mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon butter (to saute mushrooms)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked 'al dente'
- 1Rince chicken, melt oil in large skillet and brown chicken strips until golden.
- 2Finish cooking chicken in warm oven (300F) while preparing the sauce.
- 3In same skillet, melt oil & butter and brown mushrooms until soft and golden. Add garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Deglaze your skillet with chicken broth and wine. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and capers. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 5In small bowl, mix corn starch with cold water until disolved. Pour in skillet, bring to a good simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Cook fettuccine in salted water.
- 7Serve chicken and sauce over warm fettuccine, sprinkle with fresh parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 429.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: