1/1 Photo of Chicken Piccata (AKA Lemon Chicken)
This is one of our favorites. Delicious served with angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large lemons
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed,dried thoroughly,trimmed of excess fat (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons drained small capers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position, set large heatproof plate on rack, and heat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Cut 1 lemon crosswise into slices 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick discarding ends; set aside.
- 3Juice the other lemon.
- 4Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- 5Measure flour into pie tin or shallow baking dish.
- 6Coat chicken with flour, and shake to remove excess.
- 7Heat heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- 8Add 2 TBSP oil and coat pan bottom.
- 9Lay half of chicken pieces in skillet.
- 10Sauté without moving them, until lightly browned on first side, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- 11Turn chicken and cook until second side is lightly browned, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes longer.
- 12Remove pan from heat and transfer chicken to plate in oven.
- 13Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to now-empty skillet and heat until shimmering.
- 14Add remaining chicken pieces and repeat.
- 15Add garlic to now-empty skillet and return skillet to medium heat.
- 16Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds for shallot or 10 seconds for garlic.
- 17Add stock and lemon slices, increase heat to high, and scrape skillet bottom with wooden spoon or spatula to loosen browned bits.
- 18Simmer until liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup, about 4 minutes.
- 19Add lemon juice and capers and simmer until sauce reduces again to 1/3 cup, about 1 minute.
- 20Remove pan from heat and swirl in butter until butter melts and thickens sauce; swirl in parsley.
- 21Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata (AKA Lemon Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.7
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 353.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.0 g