Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of our favorites. Delicious served with angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
Make and share this Chicken Piccata (AKA Lemon Chicken) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large lemons
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed,dried thoroughly,trimmed of excess fat (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons drained small capers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position, set large heatproof plate on rack, and heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut 1 lemon crosswise into slices 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick discarding ends; set aside.
- Juice the other lemon.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Measure flour into pie tin or shallow baking dish.
- Coat chicken with flour, and shake to remove excess.
- Heat heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 TBSP oil and coat pan bottom.
- Lay half of chicken pieces in skillet.
- Sauté without moving them, until lightly browned on first side, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook until second side is lightly browned, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes longer.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer chicken to plate in oven.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to now-empty skillet and heat until shimmering.
- Add remaining chicken pieces and repeat.
- Add garlic to now-empty skillet and return skillet to medium heat.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds for shallot or 10 seconds for garlic.
- Add stock and lemon slices, increase heat to high, and scrape skillet bottom with wooden spoon or spatula to loosen browned bits.
- Simmer until liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup, about 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and capers and simmer until sauce reduces again to 1/3 cup, about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and swirl in butter until butter melts and thickens sauce; swirl in parsley.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
I made this for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner for 21 people; definitely easy to prepare, held easily in a roaster until serving time, and the results were fantastic! Excellent recipe!
This was absolutely delicious! I had never made it before. It was very easy & tasty. The whole family loved it! It is a definite make again.
This was a delicious dinner it was easy to make and took no time at all.we also made it in a pita with veggies very good for a nice light summer meal