Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of our favorites. Delicious served with angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
- 2 large lemons
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed,dried thoroughly,trimmed of excess fat (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons drained small capers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position, set large heatproof plate on rack, and heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut 1 lemon crosswise into slices 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick discarding ends; set aside.
- Juice the other lemon.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Measure flour into pie tin or shallow baking dish.
- Coat chicken with flour, and shake to remove excess.
- Heat heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 TBSP oil and coat pan bottom.
- Lay half of chicken pieces in skillet.
- Sauté without moving them, until lightly browned on first side, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook until second side is lightly browned, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes longer.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer chicken to plate in oven.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to now-empty skillet and heat until shimmering.
- Add remaining chicken pieces and repeat.
- Add garlic to now-empty skillet and return skillet to medium heat.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds for shallot or 10 seconds for garlic.
- Add stock and lemon slices, increase heat to high, and scrape skillet bottom with wooden spoon or spatula to loosen browned bits.
- Simmer until liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup, about 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and capers and simmer until sauce reduces again to 1/3 cup, about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and swirl in butter until butter melts and thickens sauce; swirl in parsley.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
I made this for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner for 21 people; definitely easy to prepare, held easily in a roaster until serving time, and the results were fantastic! Excellent recipe!
This was absolutely delicious! I had never made it before. It was very easy & tasty. The whole family loved it! It is a definite make again.
This was a delicious dinner it was easy to make and took no time at all.we also made it in a pita with veggies very good for a nice light summer meal