Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful Chicken Piccata recipe. Fast and easy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 breast halves)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 ounce capers
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- salt, and pepper to taste
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4" thickness.
- Dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- Place in oil and fry until completely done.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms in same pan.
- Add juice of one lemon, the capers and the Vermouth.
- Reduce down to about 1/2, then add back the chicken and heat until chicken is warm.
- I serve this over rice.
A tasty piccata. Next time, I would use about 1/2 the lemon juice called for, and I would add some garlic.
Very nice and lemony,I used fresh mushrooms in this as I don,t like the texture of tinned.
I loved it exactly as written. This dish is FANTASTIC!!