Recipe by Sharshee
I had a lemony breaded chicken at a very expensive dinner, and came across this recipe in one of my kids school recipe books, and thought I'd try it. and wouldn't ya know it? This was the recipe! My kids and hubby love it and I have picky kids! :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg with 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Dip chicken in egg, dredge in flour, brown in butter in skillet.
- Dissolve bullion in boiling water, add remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Pour over browned chicken and simmer, covered 20 minutes or until tender.
- You might want to increase seasonings to your liking.
- We love garlic, so I increase the amount, and also while browning the chicken, you might need more butter.
- And while the chicken is simmering, you may need to add a bit of water, so it doesn't dry out.