Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and delicious, especially when served with Mushroom Rice. A great dinner to take to someone who needs comfort food. From the family cookbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, garlic powder and paprika.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Brown the chicken in the margarine, until golden brown on both sides.
- Dissolve the boullion in the boiling water.
- Add it, with remaining lemon juice, to the skillet with the chicken.
- Cover the pan; simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
This is the second time I've made it and it was a hit!! Thank you!!
I doubled the recipe except for the chicken amount. This is WONDERFUL! My sons and I thoroughly enjoyed it. They were asking when I was going to make it again before they had even had their last bite! I love the lemon flavour that comes through. The recipe is even easy enough for a weeknight meal when we are all starving and running out of time. Thanks so much for posting! I will be putting this one into my permanent book!
This was really lovely Loren, I made it for Easter dinner and served with a mushroom and corn pulao my SIL made. Did not change it a bit but did use fresh garlic instead of the powder. Was a Wow!! meal. :) Fay