1/9 Photos of Chicken Piccata
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Always looking for ways to duplicate the fine dishes I find in various restaurants, here is another "tweaked till true" recipe of mine. I serve this dish with bow tie pasta and drench the whole plate with the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken cutlets (pound the hell out of some chicken breasts situated between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch t)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1Season flattened cutlets with a thin coat of flour. Salt and pepper them to taste.
- 2Spray a sauté pan with nonstick spray; add vegetable oil and heat over medium-high.
- 3Sauté cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side, then 1-2 minutes *covered* on the other.
- 4Move to a warm plate and cover with foil.
- 5Pour off fat from pan.
- 6Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly gone, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add broth, lemon juice and capers.
- 8Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side 1 minute.
- 9Finish with butter and lemon slices.
- 10Once butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets (I highly suggest pairing these with pasta).
- 11Garnish with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.8
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 545.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: