Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Always looking for ways to duplicate the fine dishes I find in various restaurants, here is another "tweaked till true" recipe of mine. I serve this dish with bow tie pasta and drench the whole plate with the sauce.
- 2 chicken cutlets (pound the hell out of some chicken breasts situated between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch t)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- fresh lemon slice
- chopped fresh parsley
- Season flattened cutlets with a thin coat of flour. Salt and pepper them to taste.
- Spray a sauté pan with nonstick spray; add vegetable oil and heat over medium-high.
- Sauté cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side, then 1-2 minutes *covered* on the other.
- Move to a warm plate and cover with foil.
- Pour off fat from pan.
- Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly gone, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, lemon juice and capers.
- Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side 1 minute.
- Finish with butter and lemon slices.
- Once butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets (I highly suggest pairing these with pasta).
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
This is the kind of meal that I find myself craving the day after eating it. I used two large chicken breasts that I sliced in half horizontally, making it much easier to pound into really thin cutlets. This was so quick and easy to prepare and, BONUS, I always have these ingredients on hand so it's a great last-minute type of meal. You MUST serve this with pasta! Thanks for the recipe Sandi :)
This is an excellent recipe. Restaurant quality in my opinion. Very easy to follow directions with better than expected results. Nice balance of lemon, garlic, wine and butter for a sumptious flavored sauce. I served it with linguine noodles. Deserves more than 5 stars. Thanks.
This was wonderful. There was a restaurant I used to go to in Jersey that made the most amazing Pollo Limone...and this recipe is almost exactly like that wonderful dish I used to have whenever I visited my friends in Jersey. Fabulous! I served it with a Pasta Primavera recipe (22077) and it complemented it perfectly!