Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy, healthy light chicken dish with great lemon flavor. This came from a local gourmet grocer's newsletter.
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 lemon slices
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix first five ingredients together in a bowl.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4".
- Coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side and remove from skillet.
- Add lemon slices to skillet and saute 1 minute.
- Add broth, parsley and lemon juice and cook 1 minute.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
Very good sauce. The recipe was super easy to prepare and done in a flash. Next time I do think I will make a few small adjustments to it and it will be a 5* recipe then. Needed a little more breading for 4 chicken breasts to be coated better. Needed more than 1 Tsp. of butter in the skillet with the cooking spray to cook the chicken. My chicken were already pre-pounded sliced thin cutlets so they only needed about 4 minutes or less per side. I think too, that I would remove the chicken breasts and keep warm, wipe out the skillet with paper towel and make the sauce in a clean skillet without all the breadcrumb leftovers for a much richer, smoother, finer sauce. Thanks for sharing! I have the basics and I will just run with it from here. Tweeky.
Made this last night for girls night. It was a yummy recipe, and just the right amount of flavour. I agree with Tweeky, I needed to double the breadcrumbs for 4 chicken breasts and I also doubled the sauce. I too would wipe the skillet before making the sauce. The stuff was was left over in the skillet was starting to burn. Will for sure make again, with those few subtle changes. Thanks for an excellent recipe.