Recipe by Vicki in AZ
Easy, healthy light chicken dish with great lemon flavor. This came from a local gourmet grocer's newsletter.
Top Review by Judith N.
Very good sauce. The recipe was super easy to prepare and done in a flash. Next time I do think I will make a few small adjustments to it and it will be a 5* recipe then. Needed a little more breading for 4 chicken breasts to be coated better. Needed more than 1 Tsp. of butter in the skillet with the cooking spray to cook the chicken. My chicken were already pre-pounded sliced thin cutlets so they only needed about 4 minutes or less per side. I think too, that I would remove the chicken breasts and keep warm, wipe out the skillet with paper towel and make the sauce in a clean skillet without all the breadcrumb leftovers for a much richer, smoother, finer sauce. Thanks for sharing! I have the basics and I will just run with it from here. Tweeky.
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 lemon slices
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients together in a bowl.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4".
- Coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side and remove from skillet.
- Add lemon slices to skillet and saute 1 minute.
- Add broth, parsley and lemon juice and cook 1 minute.
- Serve sauce over chicken.