Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Place chicken between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap.
- Using meat pounder or rolling pin, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons flour in small bowl until smooth and set aside.
- Place additional flour in shallow baking dish.
- Dip chicken into flour to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to each skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3- 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Bring wine, lemon juice and broth to boil in one of the skillets over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in butter-flour mixture and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in capers, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
This was absolutely wonderful! I made this exactly as directed except for two things: I sliced the chicken breasts in half and lightly pounded them, and I coarsely chopped the capers (from experience, so that they don't roll off the chicken). Chicken piccata is one of my favorite dishes, and this recipe is a winner. You've done it AGAIN, Mean - yet another stellar recipe!
This is the best and the easiest Chicken Piccata recipe I came across, and I tried quite a few of them. This recipe is quick for a weekday meal, and fancy enough for company. Ballottine
This was great! FIVE STARS!!!!