1/1 Photo of Chicken Piccata
I LOVE chicken piccata, but I'm often disappointed with recipes I try at home. This one is the exception!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine (I use a Chardonnay)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder on a pie plate.
- 2Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- 3Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and place in the hot skillet.
- 4Cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides.
- 5Remove to a plate, and cover to keep warm.
- 6Add the wine, chicken broth, lemon juice and minced garlic to the skillet.
- 7Bring to a boil, scraping the pan to bring up the browned bits on the bottom.
- 8Return the chicken pieces to the pan, cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Serve by placing a chicken breast on top of a serving of rice or angel hair pasta, and spoon sauce generously over top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 522.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 27.3 g