Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I LOVE chicken piccata, but I'm often disappointed with recipes I try at home. This one is the exception!
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Great and easy way to do chicken piccata. It does create a lot of sauce, so the suggestion of serving it over noodles or rice is perfect. Thank you for posting a yummy, easy recipe! Made for New Kids on the Block tag game in the games forum. :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine (I use a Chardonnay)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder on a pie plate.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove to a plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Add the wine, chicken broth, lemon juice and minced garlic to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, scraping the pan to bring up the browned bits on the bottom.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan, cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve by placing a chicken breast on top of a serving of rice or angel hair pasta, and spoon sauce generously over top.