Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 -3 lemons, see directions below
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and sliced in half horizontally
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 liter garlic clove, minced (about l teaspoon)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut one lemon in half lenghtwise, trim ends.
- Take one half, cut crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick slices set aside.
- Juice remaining half and whole lemons to obtain 1/4 cup juice; reserve.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Measure.
- flour into shallow dish. Working one cutlet at a time, coat with.
- flour, shaking to remove excess.
- Heat large heavy skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add 2.
- tablespoons oil. Lay half of chicken pieces in skillet. Saute until.
- lightly browned on first side, then turn and cook until second side is.
- lightly browned. Remove pan from heat and transfer cutlets to an.
- ovenproof plate and place in oven.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and heat until simmering. Add remaining chicken and repeat.
- Add shallot and garlic to empty skillet and return to medium heat.
- Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine and lemon slices; increase heat to high; and scrape skillet bottom with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Simmer until liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup, about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining lemon juice and capers and simmer until.
- sauce reduces again to 1/3 cup, about l minute.
- Remove lemon peels at this time.
- Remove pan from heat and swirl in butter until butter melts.
- and thickens sauce; stir in parsley.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.