Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lemons, see directions below
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and sliced in half horizontally
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 liter garlic clove, minced (about l teaspoon)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Cut one lemon in half lenghtwise, trim ends.
- 3Take one half, cut crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick slices set aside.
- 4Juice remaining half and whole lemons to obtain 1/4 cup juice; reserve.
- 5Sprinkle both sides of chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Measure.
- 6flour into shallow dish. Working one cutlet at a time, coat with.
- 7flour, shaking to remove excess.
- 8Heat large heavy skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add 2.
- 9tablespoons oil. Lay half of chicken pieces in skillet. Saute until.
- 10lightly browned on first side, then turn and cook until second side is.
- 11lightly browned. Remove pan from heat and transfer cutlets to an.
- 12ovenproof plate and place in oven.
- 13Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and heat until simmering. Add remaining chicken and repeat.
- 14Add shallot and garlic to empty skillet and return to medium heat.
- 15Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 16Add wine and lemon slices; increase heat to high; and scrape skillet bottom with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Simmer until liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup, about 4 minutes.
- 17Add remaining lemon juice and capers and simmer until.
- 18sauce reduces again to 1/3 cup, about l minute.
- 19Remove lemon peels at this time.
- 20Remove pan from heat and swirl in butter until butter melts.
- 21and thickens sauce; stir in parsley.
- 22Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g