Recipe by lvlrs_l3urnside
I got this receipe from the Barefoot Contessa and it rocks!! It's the best lemon chicken receipe I've tried yet!!!
Top Review by helowy
I made this exactly as written except that I substituted chicken broth for the white wine so that the kids would eat it. It was easy to make, came out very tender, although very lemony. We enjoyed it and will make it again. I did have lots of flour, eggs, and bread crumbs leftover, so next time I will cut back the amounts on those.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat chicken to 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip the chicken in seasoned flour, the egg, and then the bread crumbs.
- Place 2 tbsp's of olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken on baking pan and place in oven for 10 minutes @ 400 degrees.
- Wipe out pan.
- Place 1 tbsp of butter in pan.
- Add 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice - save lemon halves.
- Add 1/2 cup white wine.
- Place 2 lemon halves in pan rind down.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Take chicken out of oven and pour sauce over chicken - serve!