Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices lemons
- Warm a platter in a 200-degree oven.
- Flatten chicken breasts between two pieces of wax paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Shake in a bag with 3 tablespoons flour.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over moderately high heat.
- Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove to warm platter.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and stir to release the brown bits.
- Increase heat to high, add lemon juice and lemon slices (add some capers if desired).
- Cook about 2 minutes until sauce is slightly syrupy.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
very easy to make and my dad love it. He's always complaining about chicken, but he had no complaints this time. MMMmmm.....the word.