Beginners try this! Make sure to use really fresh lemons for the sauce. For those not familiar... deglazing a pan is done by adding any liquid (like wine, stock, or water) to the pan after sauteing or roasting meat and scraping all the caramelized drippings off the bottom of the pan while bringing the liquid to a boil. This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc. Times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken cutlets (can use turkey or pork too)
- 2/3 cup flour (this is an estimate)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 -8 fresh lemon slices
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1Season the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- 2Put the flour and the seasoned cutlets into a gallon-sized ziploc baggie. Shake well to coat all of the chicken with flour.
- 3Spray a saute pan with nonstick spray, add the oil, and heat over medium-high heat.
- 4Add cutlets to heated pan, shaking off the excess flour as you do.
- 5Saute the cutlets for 2-3 minutes on one side. Flip over and saute the other side 1-2 minutes with the pan covered with a plate.
- 6Transfer the cutlets to the warm plate (that was covering the pan) and pour off fat from the pan.
- 7Add wine and minced garlic to the pan and deglaze the pan. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and wine is nearly gone (about 2 minutes).
- 8To the pan, add broth, lemon juice, capers, and cutlets (make sure to keep the plate they were on handy).
- 9Cook cutlets for an additional 1 minute on each side.
- 10Transfer the cutlets back to the plate.
- 11Add butter and lemon slices to the pan and melt butter. Once melted, pour sauce over cutlets.
- 12Garnish with chopped parsley (if desired) and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 150.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: