Recipe by whyamiawake
After attending a wedding where Chicken Picatta was served, I set out to perfect it at home. YUM
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (I like the lemon cooking wine)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 medium lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound cutlets to 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I like a lot of pepper).
- Coat with flour.
- Over medium-high heat add olive oil and butter, in a 12-inch skillet.
- When oils are hot, cook chicken, a few pieces at a time until lightly browned on both sides. Removing pieces as they brown and adding more oil and butter, if necessary.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Into drippings in skillet, stir water, wine and bouillon. Scrapping to loosen brown bits. (I will add in some of the flour to make the sauce thicker.).
- Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Keep warm.
- Cut one lemon in half. Squeeze to remove juice. Thinly slice the other lemon.
- Stir lemon juice into liquid in skillet.
- Over high heat, heat to boiling. Spoon liquid over cutlets; garnish with lemon slices.