Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice, easy recipe that is delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 14.78 ml butter
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 14.78 ml lemon juice
- 14.78 ml capers
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Coat each breast with flour mixture.
- Shake off excess.
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the chicken breasts and sauté (turning once) over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- In same skillet, combine the chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice.
- Boil sauce, reducing it by one third.
- Top chicken with sauce.
- Sprinkle with capers.
Outstanding! White meat is sometimes boring. Not so with this recipe. The sharpness of the wine, lemon juice & capers is refreshingly pleasant. To balance the meal, I served this with a curry rice (with golden raisins, green onions & toasted almonds) and melon peach salad, both on this website. It was great with a quality chardonnay. I plan to serve it again at a dinner party I'm giving in a couple of weeks. I think an onion focaccia with Ranch dipping sauce will make a nice appetizer. And dessert will be chocolate-dipped cookies and chamomile tea.
This is a very easy and quick dish that makes you look like you are a culinary whiz to your friends. Lots of rave reviews!
Tired of plain chicken? This is so easy and so good! I made it with baked ziti. It was a hit with the family.I use to order this dish out. Now I'll make my own!