Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was in our daily paper, sounds good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plump skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, a
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium high until it begins to smoke,then add chicken breasts.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes per side,until both sides are browned.
- Remove from burner and add lemon juice,then place in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven;remove meat to a warmed plate,tent with foil and keep meat warm.
- Return pan to burner over medium heat.
- Add wine and capers;simmer for two to three minutes,whisk butter into sauce,seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide chicken among warmed serving plates and drape each serving with some of the picatta sauce.