Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
In my quest to lose weight, I take a lot of low fat frozen dinners to work. One of my favorites was a low fat wersion of Chicken Piccata. I experimented with a Chicken Piccata Recipe and made my own low fat version that was just as tasty. To quote a well known beer slogan "Tastes great less filling..."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use thinly sliced meat, you may need to flatten breast to 1 inch thickness)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine flour, salt and pepper, and put in a large plastic bag.
- Pour milk in a shallow bowl, and dip each chicken breast in milk.
- Place chicken in plastic bag and shake to coat each piece with the flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan and brown chicken breats,@ five minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and cook until heated through.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Stir and cook for@ 5-7 minutes until sauce comes to a boil.
- Remove sauce from heat and spoon sauce over chicken.
Made this for supper tonight, it was quite good, but more bland than I thought it would be, next time I would add maybe a little peri peri or cayenne, to give it a little zip. the only change I made was the chicken broth, I used chicken broth with garlic and herbs, thanks for sharing.
Fabulous! I added some garlic to the oil and sauteed the chicken in that and I added 1 small jar of capers to the sauce to make it more "authentic" The addition of the capers make it taste more like true picatta and also add that extra zip to solve the blandness problem of the previous reviewer had. had
Excellent and tasty! I forgot to dip the chicken in the milk but it still turned out great! I used one whole fresh lemon and decreased the sugar by maybe 1/2 tsp. Will make again!