Recipe by Dawn
In my quest to lose weight, I take a lot of low fat frozen dinners to work. One of my favorites was a low fat wersion of Chicken Piccata. I experimented with a Chicken Piccata Recipe and made my own low fat version that was just as tasty. To quote a well known beer slogan "Tastes great less filling..."
Top Review by Derf
Made this for supper tonight, it was quite good, but more bland than I thought it would be, next time I would add maybe a little peri peri or cayenne, to give it a little zip. the only change I made was the chicken broth, I used chicken broth with garlic and herbs, thanks for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use thinly sliced meat, you may need to flatten breast to 1 inch thickness)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and pepper, and put in a large plastic bag.
- Pour milk in a shallow bowl, and dip each chicken breast in milk.
- Place chicken in plastic bag and shake to coat each piece with the flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan and brown chicken breats,@ five minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and cook until heated through.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Stir and cook for@ 5-7 minutes until sauce comes to a boil.
- Remove sauce from heat and spoon sauce over chicken.