Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fabulous chicken is all I can say. I've never served it without rave reviews.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, clarified
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons madeira wine or 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons capers
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Place each breast between two sheets of waxed paper and pount to a one quarter inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge lightly with flour.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil until bubbling. Saute chicken breasts for two to three minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Drain all but two tablespoons drippings from the pan. Stir in Madeira or Sherry. Heat the liquids, scraping the pan to loosen any browned chicken. Add lemon juice, stirring until sauce thickens. Stir in capers.
- Place chicken on a platter and garnish with lemon slices.
This was very nice and very quick and easy to make. I'll defo make it again - I always need quick dinners! Next time I think I will hold off on the lemon juice by a fraction. I might try making it with the traditional white wine as well. I served it with wild rice and beans. Thanks for posting!
Five stars for sure! This has become one of my all time favorite chicken recipes. Although the recipe calls for pounded-thin chicken breasts, I often use chicken tenders with equally good results. Sometimes I snip a little fresh parsley on top, in addition to the lemon slices. Thanks for another great recipe.
My FIL has been looking for a recipe like this for weeks. It is simple and the presentation is lovely. The whole family gobbled it right up. Isn't the spelling 'piccata'? Change it so people can find this great recipe!