My husband's favorite dish! Adapted from the Joy of Cooking, one of my very first successful cooking attempts for my husband when I met him nearly 7 years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breasts into palm-size pieces and dip both sides into the flour.
- 2Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a heated skillet. Cook the chicken breasts on medium heat until browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper while cooking.
- 3Place the chicken in warm oven (250 degrees) in a covered casserole dish.
- 4Melt one tablespoon of the butter in the skillet you just used for the chicken and add the scallions. Stir and cook until slightly wilted.
- 5Increase the skillet to high and add the chicken broth bringing the mixture to a boil. Continue stirring the mixture.
- 6Add the lemon juice and boil for 3-4 minutes until the mixture has decreased to half.
- 7Reduce heat to low. Add 3 tbsp of butter. Stir until butter melts. Pour over chicken in casserole dish. Let chicken sit in warm oven for 15 minutes before serving over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.4
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 639.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 34.1 g