Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband's favorite dish! Adapted from the Joy of Cooking, one of my very first successful cooking attempts for my husband when I met him nearly 7 years ago.
- Cut the chicken breasts into palm-size pieces and dip both sides into the flour.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a heated skillet. Cook the chicken breasts on medium heat until browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Place the chicken in warm oven (250 degrees) in a covered casserole dish.
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in the skillet you just used for the chicken and add the scallions. Stir and cook until slightly wilted.
- Increase the skillet to high and add the chicken broth bringing the mixture to a boil. Continue stirring the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and boil for 3-4 minutes until the mixture has decreased to half.
- Reduce heat to low. Add 3 tbsp of butter. Stir until butter melts. Pour over chicken in casserole dish. Let chicken sit in warm oven for 15 minutes before serving over rice.
I've had many variations of chicken piccata recipes and I must admit this one is fabulous! My husband is in love with another woman's touch on cooking chicken thanks to Jessica :o)!