Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband's favorite dish! Adapted from the Joy of Cooking, one of my very first successful cooking attempts for my husband when I met him nearly 7 years ago.
- Cut the chicken breasts into palm-size pieces and dip both sides into the flour.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a heated skillet. Cook the chicken breasts on medium heat until browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Place the chicken in warm oven (250 degrees) in a covered casserole dish.
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in the skillet you just used for the chicken and add the scallions. Stir and cook until slightly wilted.
- Increase the skillet to high and add the chicken broth bringing the mixture to a boil. Continue stirring the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and boil for 3-4 minutes until the mixture has decreased to half.
- Reduce heat to low. Add 3 tbsp of butter. Stir until butter melts. Pour over chicken in casserole dish. Let chicken sit in warm oven for 15 minutes before serving over rice.