Recipe by GingerPeach
Lightly breaded and pan-fried with lemon juice and capers, this dish has a lot of zest!
Top Review by mommyoffour
We loved this. I followed your recipe except I added a sliced lemon to the sauce mixture. Delicious. We served this with buttered noodles and a veggie. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 small onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and add to the onions.
- Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley, capers and black pepper.
- Cut each chicken breast in half to make 4 thin filets.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Pat the chicken in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet- there should be enough to coat the bottom (note: try not to use a non-stick skillet).
- Cook chicken on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and throw in the onions and garlic.
- Sautee for about 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add the chicken broth mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and let simmer for a few minutes to heat.
- Garnish with lemon slices or parsley.