Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lightly breaded and pan-fried with lemon juice and capers, this dish has a lot of zest!
Make and share this Chicken Piccata recipe from Food.com.
- Chop the onion and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and add to the onions.
- Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley, capers and black pepper.
- Cut each chicken breast in half to make 4 thin filets.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Pat the chicken in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet- there should be enough to coat the bottom (note: try not to use a non-stick skillet).
- Cook chicken on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and throw in the onions and garlic.
- Sautee for about 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add the chicken broth mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and let simmer for a few minutes to heat.
- Garnish with lemon slices or parsley.
We loved this. I followed your recipe except I added a sliced lemon to the sauce mixture. Delicious. We served this with buttered noodles and a veggie. Thank you for sharing.
Delicious and easy!
We liked the flavors in this. The only thing I didn't like was all the chicken broth added to the pan at the end; we would have liked it better without so much extra juice. The breading on the chicken would have been a nicer texture that way.