1/5 Photos of Chicken Piccata
Lightly breaded and pan-fried with lemon juice and capers, this dish has a lot of zest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion and set aside.
- 2Crush the garlic and add to the onions.
- 3Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley, capers and black pepper.
- 4Cut each chicken breast in half to make 4 thin filets.
- 5Salt and pepper the chicken.
- 6Pat the chicken in bread crumbs to coat.
- 7Heat the olive oil in a skillet- there should be enough to coat the bottom (note: try not to use a non-stick skillet).
- 8Cook chicken on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- 9Remove chicken from skillet and throw in the onions and garlic.
- 10Sautee for about 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- 11Add the chicken broth mixture and bring to a simmer.
- 12Add the chicken and let simmer for a few minutes to heat.
- 13Garnish with lemon slices or parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 886.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 19.6 g