Recipe by Cynna
Quick and hearty chicken dish! A family favorite, we serve this with white or brown rice. Both options are delicious. Be certain to use either fresh artichoke hearts or canned packed in water to keep it light and healthy!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, washed, ends removed and chopped
- 30 small mushroom caps, cleaned well
- 6 artichoke hearts, canned in water and drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring broth to a boil in large skillet. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Place chicken breasts in broth and poach, covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Squeeze lemon into broth and then place wedges in broth. Add onion, mushrooms, artichokes, garlic, and white pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and wine, whisking until it is smooth; add to broth a little at a time until broth is thick and smooth. Remove and discard lemon wedges.
- Pour sauce and vegetable mixture over chicken breasts and heat in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.